Nikon Z lens roadmap

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
108 Senior Member • Posts: 1,128
Nikon Z lens roadmap

Hi

Olympus shooter here. I have been considering going FF for more than a year , so Oly dying or not is not the reason for it . Going FF is not that simple if one wants /tries to do it right , one has to look at a whole system body-lenses , I even contemplated Canon 6DII for a while but eventually I decided to stick to mirrorless and that would be either Sony A73 or Nikon Z6 , I don't like the Canon R line ( too bad for the lenses ..)

While checking samples here and there on FlickR I have been strongly impressed by two " kit zooms" , the Sony 24-105 f4 and the Nikon 24-70 f4 . This would be my way to start , a good quality zoom and a prime . Both zooms I find outstanding , with no equivalent IQ wise in m4/3 land . I prefer the z6 body, for reasons of ergonomy , and generally like the Nikon color output , but 70 mm is a bit short. Sony's 105 is much better . I saw there is an adapter Sony FE to Nikon Z which is pretty thin , given the flange distance on both bodies , that could work and let me use further lenses that interest me like the Sigma 40 mm f2.8 . On the other hand I see that there is a 24-105 or even a 24-120 Z mount on the roadmap ( I'm not interested in the new 24-200 ) : if it's 24-70 S quality I would not hesitate .

So to sum up , is the adapter a good idea ? And is there any chance this 24-105/120 will materialize in the near future '

Thank you

108's gear list:108's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow