Forcing Windows to use Dell UP2718Q driver?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RMcL Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Forcing Windows to use Dell UP2718Q driver?

Recently purchased a Dell UP2718Q wide gamut 10bit monitor to use with Adobe Lightroom Classic on a Windows 10 desktop platform. Everything is working fine and I have successfully performed Adobe RGB and DCI-P3 calibrations using the Dell (xRite) calibration software. Results look great.

Problem I have (and not really sure that it is a problem) is that for the life of me I cannot get Windows 10 to install the Dell driver for the monitor and Windows has defaulted to its generic PnP monitor driver. The UP2718Q thus shows up in control panel as a generic plug and play monitor. When I try to install the Dell driver the installation simply exits stating that most optimal driver is already installed, I.e., Windows generic PnP monitor driver. Is there a way to force installation of the Dell driver overriding the generic Windows driver?

RMcL's gear list:RMcL's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow