What Essential Accessories Do You Recommend for the Fujifilm X-T4?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kevin Muldoon
Kevin Muldoon Regular Member • Posts: 113
What Essential Accessories Do You Recommend for the Fujifilm X-T4?

I recently sold four older cameras that were gathering dust and put the funds towards the X-T4.

It's coming tomorrow from Panamoz so looks like I'll be a Fuji guy

I opted for the 16-80mm F4 kit. Down the line, I may get the 10-24mm, 16mm F1.4, 12mm Rokinon prime and some other lenses.

I'm not looking to get the grip and I have a good camera strap and a few old camera bags I can use, so in the short term at least, I only want to purchase the essential accessories.

Filter

I've been looking at 72mm filters today on Amazon.

I'm leaning towards a basic UV filter for now just to help protect the lens.

• Is there a particular filter you would recommend?
  • Is it worth paying more for a variable ND filter that offers more stops?

Which filters are you all using with the X-T4?

Memory Card

Whilst I will be taking photographs, I will primarily be using the X-T4 to record video.

I currently record most YouTube videos at 1080p, but I am keen to start publishing videos at 4K 30 and 4K 60 FPS. Even if I do publish at 1080p, I will probably record in 4K and then scale it down.

Looks like the memory cards I have just now only record between 90MB/s and 170 MB/s.

According to Fuji's compability page, they recommend four cards:

• TOSHIBA EXCERIA PRO (SDXU-B064G)
  • SanDisk Extreme PRO (SDSDXPB-064G)
  • LexarProfessional 2000x (LSD128CRBJPR2000R)
  • SONY SF-G (SF-G128)

What cards do you recommend?

Spare Battery

I am looking to pick up one spare battery (possibly two later as I may pick up an old X-T2 or X-H1).

As always, the official NP-W235 is more expensive than the third-party batteries that are popping up.

I have had mixed experiences with cheaper batteries in the past. The third-party batteries I bought for my Canon M50 were garbage, but the RavPower ones I bought for my Sony cameras have been excellent.

Are there any third-party batteries that you can recommend?

Would love to hear from existing Fuji X-T2, X-T3 and X-T4 owners

Kevin

Kevin Muldoon's gear list:Kevin Muldoon's gear list
Sony RX10 II Sony a6500 Fujifilm X-T4 Sony X3000R Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +1 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow