Canon lenses calibration

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,304
Re: Canon lenses calibration

Forgive me if I repeat things, ( did not have time to read all back posts)

If you look at the Focal target it has a line of a very specific length at the top. It is important that whomever prints this target does it to the size as specified, and the target is the correct length.

If you have a mate with a good quality inkjet, that understands printing, buy them a beer ..... a good target is important, as is keeping it flat and true to the camera.  Next thing to do is remember that nothing beats good diffused daylight, no shadows or bright bits. Keep the light levels up, fluorescent flicker, led lighting and levels that require mid length shutter speeds are a problem. Read all the instructions and follow to the letter. Focal checks for your distance to target and warns you . I use the Pro version , has a few extra bits and will calibrate longer lenses.

This program diagnosed a fault in a lens I owned, it noted the change in the specifics of several tests and warned me to get it serviced ! Great bit of kit if you follow every instruction, waste of time if you are sloppy.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow