Looking forward for those cheap Zuikos in Craig's list!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Bluephotons Veteran Member • Posts: 6,748
Re: Looking forward for those cheap Zuikos in Craig's list!

THKPIC wrote:

I doubt there will be a shortage of M43 lenses on the used market- ever. This system has been pumping out lenses since 2008. It's no doubt a contributing factor to Olympus' lackluster sales. Too good a used market.

Consider the fact that many of the 1.8'ish lenses are half the value they were at release. How much more do you expect them to fall? 14mm 2.5, 15mm 1.7, 17mm 1.8, 25mm 1.8, 25mm 1.7, 25mm 1.4 (pretty much under 300 these days), 45mm 1.8, 45mm 1.7.

Used values are what has kept a lot of M43 users in the fold. You don't need a lot of investment to take advantage of what M43 has to offer.

I just don't see that changing anytime soon either. No one quite does it across an entire line like M43 does (budget to pro). That's before we talk about...what is...quite a few sub 300 dollar bodies.

100%

If you have this kind of kit then this announcement really means nothing. Most of these simple designed lenses will go on working for years and years and years.

Absolutely!

..and as far as the PRO lenses and even the 1.2's. I haven't seen many hitting the market since COVID. No fire sales yet since this announcement.

My post was to make fun of those thinking the Olympus announcement was the end of the world for the M 4/3 system gear, same ones that has been announcing it for the last 20 years (many of them are not even alive today)

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow