Does anyone have super-soft extreme corners on their 16-35GM?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tonyz1 Contributing Member • Posts: 506
Re: Still Pretty good

PWPhotography wrote:

Very sharp to my eyes, congratulation!

It's a fantastic lens. I still like my FE 16-35 GM however that suit me better as I explained in previous posts. But fully understand why people chose this Sigma lens. Really glad Sigma offers much cheaper alternative as they did again with FE 100-400 OS.

A few samples from 16-35 GM in last year's trip to the Finger Lake area in full size (no A7r IV then), with default +40 sharpening in Lr.It accepts regular filters and 100mm holder system that is a big deal to me. Lots of waterfall photos with BT 82mm 6-stop x4 filter in this trip, and also bought 3-stop BT 82mm x4 ND filter after the trip as in my taste waterfalls have the best look around 1/2 sec.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55485085@N04/albums/72157711457659961

Cheers!

Thanks. Yeah Sigma's offerings are compelling - I swapped out all my Zeiss lenses for Sigma lenses. Still holding on to the sony 200-600mm for now and might add the sigma 100-400mm.

The 16-35mm GM is solid - I regretted selling my copy but value for the money on sigma definitely swung it to sigma for me. I haven't figured out the filter question yet - likely going to buy the aurora aperture rear filters when they're out.

tonyz1's gear list:tonyz1's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a9 Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow