One system or two?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Makingtrax Contributing Member • Posts: 838
Re: Indulgences

Bob Tullis wrote:

Makingtrax wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

Makingtrax wrote:

Jeepers Bob, all those bodies. Keep seeing people with many cameras, some dozens. How do you know which one to take out and what can the H1 do, say, that the XT4 can't. Genuinely curious, as I tend to swap out when a new one comes along that has more advantages

The X-H1 died. The XT2 now mostly sits on the 100-400 for local wildlife. Over-winter the X-P2 was used for macro time lapses - I used to like that for street before the XH1/IBIS arrived, but I no longer live in an urban area. The X100F is a companion to whatever the current One might be, as a 2nd body for travel (or for when I go out without photography in mind). The X-T4 is now The One. I've got a used X-E3 coming in a week or so, for B&W infrared.

Sometimes I'll be out at night, one camera doing a WA time-lapse, the other 'just' long exposure stacking compositions. You know, something to do while sitting and waiting during those hours on end. Maybe even a third camera doing a different time-lapse composition, concurrently. I'll often start one time-lapse, and soon into it see another TL composition I should have considered. Why not do both?

Very interesting Bob. So instead of deciding which one to take out, you're putting them all to work.

Not all the time, but I give them each some due. [g]

It's probably says more about my feeble mind that I like one camera and get to know it really well, it's idiosyncrasies and speed of operation. If I had 5/6 bodies and worse, more than one system, I'd be missing shots, fiddling with menus and controls

-- hide signature --

Steve

Makingtrax's gear list:Makingtrax's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow