19mm PC what?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ARClark
ARClark Veteran Member • Posts: 3,919
Re: 19mm PC - Why?

Flashlight wrote:

I have to agree. I started working as a photographer using 4x5" cameras

where you can move and tilt anything. The other day I gave the last one practically away to a bloke that wanted to experiment with 4x5" film.

I'm not a dedicated architectural photographer for otherwise I'd probably own the 19mm tilt-shift. As it is I use the 20mm f/1.8 combined with DxO Photolab and Viewpoint 3, of which the latter does a very good job of auto-leveling key stoned buildings. Works for me, the downside is slightly smaller files since you need to crop a bit.

Cool. Many years ago I took a large format photography course and bought an inexpensive 4x5 Cambo. Haven’t used it since the 80s, but it was a great learning experience. Have since had an 85mm PC. Excellent lens, although I never used it to its full potential and sold it.

I’ve eyed the 19mm PC, but between the cost and limited landscape shooting I do anymore, I, like you, rely on software to achieve perspective control when needed. One thing nice about shooting with a D850 is that the large file size helps mitigate the loss of pixels from cropping in PC post processing.

Alan

ARClark's gear list:ARClark's gear list
Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4D ED-IF II +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow