Expensive lenses!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Iuvenis Senior Member • Posts: 1,325
Re: Expensive lenses!

Ad12 wrote:

The XF 10-24 is 850 pounds new, or about 650 used!! The Canon 10-18 is 199 pounds new. Same kind of magnitude for the 55-250 EF-S STM.

Fuji has a 50-230 lens that is about £200 new and is also good optically, though a little slow. They have a more expensive 55-200, but that is a cut above mechanically and has a wider aperture.

From reading, these zooms don’t seem much better than the Canon ones.

10-24 is a great lens. While the Canon has a great reputation optically, it's slower at every point in the zoom range and misses out on the 18-24 focal lengths. That's significant, as almost every ultrawide zoom is better at the short end, and worst at the long end.

In fact, since i dislike the 10-18 range too short, I bet I could get a fringer, and a used Tamron EF-s mount 10-24, for the same price as the Fuji 10-24.

This one?

https://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/1084-tamron1024f3545vc?start=1

Good luck!

I wonder why the difference is so big!

I think you have to compare with other mirrorless lenses. None of the new Nikon or Canon mirrorless offerings are priced as keenly as their DSLR brethren.

Iuvenis's gear list:Iuvenis's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow