19mm PC what?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ARClark
ARClark Veteran Member • Posts: 3,919
Re: 19mm PC - Why?

I’ve read the responses so far, and despite you owning the lens for a year after researching it extensively, getting some helpful advice and volunteering that you’ve viewed some informative videos, it appears you’re back to square one in terms of how to use the lens and what to shoot with it.

I just have to ask what drew you to such a specialized lens as the 19mm PC In the first place?

The much smaller, faster and less expensive Nikon 20mm f1.8 offers better sharpness. The Nikon 14-24 is also much cheaper, has better sharpness and offers the added benefit of a zoom.

The only application you’ve mentioned so far is shooting a garden, which could be done with a traditional wide angle. You’ve said nothing about needing or applying the specific attributes of the lens for architectural photography, landscape/cityscape panos, parallax correction, tilting the plane of focus for enhanced depth of field or special effects.

So I have to ask why you purchased it? Perhaps understanding that would allow others to assist you with its operation.

Alan

ARClark's gear list:ARClark's gear list
Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4D ED-IF II +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow