Re: Not so sure...

Maxxum Fan wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

Maxxum Fan wrote:

Why buy new gear?

You guys are killing me.

Reality bites dude..

http://www.cipa.jp/stats/documents/e/dw-202004_e.pdf

It's not reality... it's simply your opinion... dude.  The data can be read and analyzed any number of ways.  The market is maturing, and particularly in the current economy, people are thinking twice about expensive (and discretionary) purchases.  There also seems to be this mindset among some that most photographers are simply waiting for FF bodies to drop in cost and and crop format cameras/sensors will be abandoned wholesale as that happens.  It's my opinion crop will always have a cost advantage simply due to size and the higher cost of a larger sensor (even if there is and will be some convergence in FF vs. crop pricing).  What's more, in spite of the opinions voiced here by some, I think the size and -- even if moderate -- price advantage of crop format cameras will still appeal to many photographers.  Count me as one of them.  FF offers me little in the way of an advantage, and I suspect I'm not alone in having little desire to abandon crop sensor based cameras and move to FF.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
rlx
(unknown member)
jrg
jrg
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow