Slipping zoom ring grip, is there a fix?

Started Mar 11, 2006 | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 5,010
Re: 80-200 rubber grip

patricksmith32 wrote:

Nikon will no longer send or sell parts unless your an authorized repair center and those don’t exist anymore I don’t believe, but maybe there is a couple left I can’t remember. However I’ve fixed or replaced quite a few rubber zoom or focus rings, it’s easy. If the rubber is not too loose or beat up just slip it down or off and apply dibble stick tape to the lens zoom or focus ring area and then replace the rubber ring, while pressing down onto the tape! If you want to replace the rubber pieces they can usually be found on eBay or AliExpress! Just use normal double stick tape or 3M double tape, something similar, you’ll be fine. I’ve done plenty of small repairs or replacements on my cameras over the years I’m no expert. I’ve never once had an issue or had to involve Nikon or repair places. Just be smart and careful!

The OP could always get one of these on Ebay. there are plenty of sellers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ring-Rubber-Cover-Replacement-Part-for-Nikon-80-200mm-F-2-8-ED-Lens/253854859324?hash=item3b1aedc03c:g:vZgAAOSwTghb5pd-

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow