Abtract macro

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 4,732
Abtract macro

I started experimenting with macro a bit more.

This is just water and natural light after rain. It's a plastic surface (pencil/pen container, pink plastic)

I use RT color module to make it look metallic

I converted to B&W by mixing channels

I find the blurred areas may complement the narrow DOF when there are highlights

Focusing on the darkest part sometimes works out, unlike other kind of photos

I am thinking printing and making a small set that can be used for decorating some room. I have really never printed on canvas or anything. My house also has dim lights in general.

Is anyone printing photos that could recommend some options? Like canvas, glossy, etc. I am worried since it's a a highly saturated subject, how to print, and if there's any cheap way to provide the frame some illumination - some cheap way.

I am finding macro to be quite fun, but also, I am thinking if one gets some inspirations, one can capture abstract compositions that may be appealing to see. I am not sure if there is any site anyone knows or person that may focus more on abstract macro photography. I am thinking of images, that unless told you so, one may not know what they are, or may seem like detailed illustrations, but that are actually plain photos.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow