Grabbed the x2 Oly tele converter

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,810
Grabbed the x2 Oly tele converter

OK, it`s on sale or return so nothing lost.

First day, very hot in the UK but managed a few shots. I only have the 40-150 marvel so that converter had a lot to live up to. How does it fair against the 1.4? well although the 1.4 isn`t quite the same as the 40-150 on it`s own the 2x is another slight step away from perfection. One of the things is you really need steady hands, I am 75 and never carry a tripod now and after using the 2x for a while I noticed more shake coming into the images. It can produce decent images at full stretch but they need a touch more selective sharpening . I`m waiting for the moon rise in a few days after dark where I can use a tripod and timer to compare it against my 100-400 Pany. So, it can produce good images but not as good as with the 1.4 or obviously  with the lens on it`s own. I might just keep it for those times when I need that extra reach when I have just the 40-150  with me  ( which is most of the time) So no big surprises we knew the 2x would have an effect on the image quality of such a stellar lens. If you need that extra reach with the 40-150 and don`t have another long lens then it will do the job or if you intend to print large but for things like the web or face book the lens on it`s own is more than good enough for cropping. You will probably see where I have used a touch of selective sharpening but IMHO still better than using a DSLR.

also remember that images never look at their best on here

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +17 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow