Between 300mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 and 80-400mm which one would you choose and why?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
briantilley
briantilley Veteran Member • Posts: 5,044
Re: Between 300mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 and 80-400mm which one would you choose and why?

Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

briantilley wrote:

How about this? Would you post a comparison of images at 300mm of both lenses? Obviously more as a test so same scene etc.

Here you go - posted without comment. Both images taken with a Z7 at 300mm, hand-held with VR (and in-body VR) on Aperture priority at f/6.3 (the difference in brightness is because the camera chose a slightly different shutter speed for the two shots). No processing other than re-sizing in PS.

Thank you, but I am afraid those two images don't tell me what the difference is between the two, perhaps that is what you intended?

What sort of images were you looking for?

I'm out of this thread. I was trying to help by giving honest opinions, but you don't seem to want to be helped.

briantilley's gear list:briantilley's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow