A few Huawei P20 raw using ON1

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ChuckTa Senior Member • Posts: 1,477
Re: A few Huawei P20 raw using ON1

Truncia wrote:

OK then, let us OP speak. Just a side note - I spent tons of time with P20P, P30P, M20P, so my comments relate to something which HUA can and cannot deliver, nothing else. With some knowledge of theory working in the background one may be lost.

There is nothing special to say here, since one of us is a practitioner and the other is a theorist. From the point of view of practice, the pictures are bad, well, or very poorly processed (due to lack of practice). That's actually the whole debate

In what way is those image bad? When you said the Huawei is blurry, I believe you are looking at a 40mp image at over 200% zoom.  The same blur will be seem for Panasonic, Sony A7, Fuji XT20, Samsung nx500 to some extend if you view the uploaded image here. I have given you a comparison image for Panasonic 20mp and Huawei 40mp. Can you tell me which is better or worse and why? I don't expect a smartphone output will be as good as a larger camera, but in good light, it's certainly very good with plenty of detail at 40mp.  I will try to do another more direct comparison later.

ChuckTa's gear list:ChuckTa's gear list
Sony a7 Samsung NX500 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GF10 (GF90) +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow