Mamiya/Sekor SX 55/1.8 - Adapter Success!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Travis Butler
OP Travis Butler Senior Member • Posts: 1,354
Re: Mamiya/Sekor SX 55/1.8 - Adapter Success!

E Dinkla wrote:

• TeTravis Butler wrote:

aidaho wrote:

What a coincidence: I've serviced this exact lens on Sunday (haven't had time to shoot it yet). Very nice and reasonable internals, pleasure to work with.

What does the helicoid look like? Curious whether the stiff operation on mine is a factor of the design, or of decaying grease.

It is one of my favorite standard lenses on FF. Not wide open though, so for landscapes in good light. Stopped down to 8.0 the corners are excellent too. The mount I converted to (Canon) EF + chip. Helicoid is fine, must be the old grease in your sample. I cleaned it and put a NYE grease on the threads.

Not fond of the 'artistic' effects wide-open?

I took some landscape pics on the drive home; haven't had a chance to look at them yet. Definitely interested now!

If the stiffness gets too annoying, sounds like it'll definitely be time to clean and re-grease.

-- hide signature --

Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_prof67/ Warning: Heavy Learning in progress.

Travis Butler's gear list:Travis Butler's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Pentax Q Pentax K-50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow