Nokia 808 - a photography miracle

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,584
Re: Nokia 808 - a photography miracle

ProLeica Dan wrote:

thanks for the input folks...as my experience is quite limited with smartphone photography, i haven't used any of the ones you recommended...I only used the huawei p30 pro but only in Jpeg..quite frankly, the results didn't appeal to me as they were largely and over sharpened mess and lacked colour fidelity compared to the nokia 808...admittedly, i haven't used the raw output which i will try now based on your recommendations and will give a more informed opinion.

Just remember, that Huawei is the only OEM that gives you jpeg directly from RAW, just go to Pro mode in camera app and make sure that RAW is selected in settings, the jpeg you get in that mode is directly from RAW, no overprocessing etc. Just tweak sharpness and color and you are good, thats the reason I use Huawei as they are the only company that has this feature.

See 100% crops below, in the top one, the crop on top is normal auto mode and the bottom is the jpeg from RAW direct from phone. massive difference, the jpeg from RAW is way more natural looking, getting to closer to that 808 look, and in the 2nd picture the left is auto mode and right is jpeg directly from RAW done on phone.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow