Macro lens

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 1,305
Re: Macro lens

mreservices wrote:

amarokWPcom wrote:

Good Morning everybody,

since March 2020 I have the Nikon Z6 with the lens from the set Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm F4 S.

the Tam Now I am looking for a nice macro lens to keep on macro photography like I did in the past with my Nikon D750 and the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM.

Unfortunately, I sold the Sigma lens in the past.

Should I buy it again and use it with the adapter for my Z6 or which better lens would you probably suppose me?

Many thanks for your feedback in advance

I have a Tamron 90mm USD macro and it is an outstanding lens. However as others have said, we are still waiting on firmware. Very frustrating. I purchased a used Nikon Micro 105 2.8 VR to tide me over. It’s pretty good but I think the Tamron 90 USD is better...when I can use it. Personally I shoot a lot of flower macro and want autofocus.

I should also have said that in my Post

yes - the Tam f017 is superb on my D500.  The auto focus in af-c actually works to capture insects and flowers etc moving in the  breeze and so on.  The f004 was pretty good also

I was dissappointed in Tamron's dragging their feet with the f/w update and used tubes and achromats on my z6 but am now wondering why bother with macros on the z6 - the d500  ( which I do intend to part with anytime soon ) does a good enough job - at least for me

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow