Mamiya/Sekor SX 55/1.8 - Adapter Success!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Travis Butler
OP Travis Butler Senior Member • Posts: 1,355
Re: Mamiya/Sekor SX 55/1.8 - Adapter Success!

aidaho wrote:

What a coincidence: I've serviced this exact lens on Sunday (haven't had time to shoot it yet). Very nice and reasonable internals, pleasure to work with.

What does the helicoid look like? Curious whether the stiff operation on mine is a factor of the design, or of decaying grease.

Once you deal with coupling pin, it does fit to any Sony adapter I know of, since they are narrow enough to clear aperture ring lip.

The tiny aperture coupling pin does not have a head on the other side and is not locked into a ring. It is simply glued in. Take pliers, apply the good old brute force, and voila: your SX is now Sony compatible.

Yeah... I didn't really want to do that; it came on a Mamiya SX body that was in beautiful shape, and it seems almost criminal to ruin its functioning with the perfectly nice body it was originally paired with. ^^;;

Of course you still need an adapter which will press the larger aperture stop down pin. I've simply locked it in the stop-down position to make it compatible with any adapter.

A little bit of tape, and easily reversible.

-- hide signature --

Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_prof67/ Warning: Heavy Learning in progress.

Travis Butler's gear list:Travis Butler's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Pentax Q Pentax K-50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow