Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JakeJY Senior Member • Posts: 4,801
Re: Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

jalywol wrote:

MHshooter wrote:

Loureiro wrote:

Another vlogging camera, Panasonic, really?

They shouldn't waste time trying to emulate phones and webcams.

Why not? Honestly, if those are the people who are buying cameras now, why not tap into that market? Remember, once you buy a camera, you are then in the market for lenses and accessories....So why would a company turn its back on potential customers when they can very easily adapt a format they already use and create a whole new group of people who will spend $ on their products now and in the future....and with very low development costs, too. Sounds like a win for the company to me, personally.

-J

Right. Even if you aren't in the market for such a camera, certainly you should support the company trying to reach the markets that are actually buying cameras now, as that keeps the format alive.

When I see people calling for a stills only camera, I also have a similar reaction. The market now is such that a camera will have very limited appeal if it was stills only.

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow