keep 35mm 1.4 in my arsenal if I have a "Holy Trio"?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kev777zero
kev777zero Senior Member • Posts: 1,718
keep 35mm 1.4 in my arsenal if I have a "Holy Trio"?

I'm debating on whether or not I should continue to keep my sony 35mm f/1.4 lens. I currently own that lens and the 16-35 2.8 gm, 28-75 2.8, and 70-180 2.8 lenses paired with the Sony A7III. I'm more of a casual photo/gear enthusiast. I use to go solo shooting more but now I have my wife and friends when I go out; I usually only take one lens with me depending on the situation.

I find myself with the following scenarios:

Indoors - 16-35 2.8 gm

general walk around - 28-75 2.8

shooting people/animals specifically - 70-180 2.8

This leaves me with not much scenarios with taking the 35mm out. I really like the 35mm focal length and have been shooting with a 35mm lens long before I owned the A7 system, but now I have multiple lenses overlapping this focal length. The advantage of f/1.4 makes it worth owning but the A7III has such good low light abilities that I feel like f/2.8 is sufficient most of the times.

The problem is the resale value of the sony 35mm 1.4 is very bad. I'm selling not because I need a certain amount of cash but because I feel like it's never going to leave my cabinet. That being said if I can only sell it for what bhphoto/adorama is willing to offer, I'm thinking I might as well keep it.

Do folks with the holy trio or some variety of it find a need for primes?

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow