16-55 vs 3 primes

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,489
Re: Swapping lenses or taking photographs ?

Greg7579 wrote:

jjz2 wrote:

jhorse wrote:

unhappymeal wrote:

The flip side is travelling with primes can force you to be disciplined about what you shoot and enjoy your vacation more.

That is dependent upon the purpose of the trip. Holiday with the family, I would suggest that swopping primes is far from enjoyable and their impatience will begin to tell. Flexibility and adapting one's photography to their needs is, in my opinion, more important than pure photography. When we went to Paris as a family, in 2018, I took a zoom and a couple of primes. The primes hardly came out of the bag.

Travelling solo (or with a companion equally committed to photography), then yes, one can plan and act in a different manner and therefore be disciplined.

For me it's either just me or me and my wife, who is also into photography...so I'm bringing basically everything.

You guys are amateur lens switchers and packers.

The trick is to slip at least two lenses into your wife's day pack without her knowing.

I even got her to carry a tripod one time for almost 3 miles before she knew she had it.

Spare batteries in her purse is also one of the more advanced techniques, but requires some creativity when the battery needs changing. You can't just say, honey can you reach on your purse and hand me a spare battery?

Still married ?

And -  nowadays also men can start using make-up (I have read - not really  used ) - perhaps you can ask for some lipstick or whatever you happen need  for your eyes and take the battery too.

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR film photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 and X-H1 for nature, walking around ,traveling/landscapes - fantastic 5DMkIV for landscapes, macro , BIF ... .

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow