Useless!

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
Andy01 Senior Member • Posts: 3,667
Re: Useless!

I do not have a 32MP M6 ii, but I am actually quite impressed with my 18-150mm on my M5 - I think that it has pretty decent IQ for a superzoom. Does it compare at 150mm (on M5) with my 100-400L ii at 240mm on 6D ii - of course not and I don't expect it to either. But it is a reasonable compromise that provides a very useful focal length range in a fairly compact solution.

I saw you review of M6 ii where you slated both camera and lenses because of the lenses. You stated (from memory) that the lenses were poor and particularly the zooms, and then stated that (if I understood you correctly) that you had only tried 18-150mm and a borrowed 55-200mm. Perhaps you should try some of the primes and the excellent 11-22mm ?

Also, what are you comparing against ? If you are trying to get similar IQ from M6 ii + 18-150mm as you get from a FF + 24-70L f2.8, it is hardly surprising that you are disappointed.

As others have said, perhaps your copy of 18-150mm is not good and you should try to get it repaired while it is still under warranty ? Might have been better to have dealt with this within the first couple of weeks rather than waiting 6 months though.

Read the other comment here about 18-150mm - generally it is quite well thought of for a compact versatile superzoom.

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow