Do you use large aperture lenses on your m43 camera?

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
Thin_Ice Regular Member • Posts: 331
Re: The voigtlander 17.5 f0.95

saltydogstudios wrote:

Thin_Ice wrote:

I bought a new em 1-ii to keep using my voigt. This is the lens that keeps me from changing to fuji or nikon.

I do think a lot of people just judge lenses on their numbers and not their "character" and the overall shooting experience.

What about this lens keeps you coming back?

There is little to add to Jeff’s reply.   In short: the results!  Not at f 1.2, but at f2.8-5.6.

The pictures have that little more that makes them stand out.   I am not talking about blurred backgrounds, but the colors, overall rendering, subject is in focus and isolates from background,...   not the usual look from iphone and instagram pics.  In a printed photo album, even my wife can see and appreciate the difference in look.

And it is a pleasure to use!    The em-1 specs are overkill, but the lens-camera combo is well balanced.   The extra buttons for magnification and focus peaking make MF easier.

Except from the €€€€€ Leica system, i haven’t found an alternative.  Maybe fuji with their latest camera’s and fast lenses.

Steven

Thin_Ice's gear list:Thin_Ice's gear list
Olympus E-420 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow