Rumored FF Frame w/o EVF and IBIS interest level?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 2,741
Rumored FF Frame w/o EVF and IBIS interest level?

I certainly have some interest in a camera like this but would want to see 36mp if not 42mp.

I can see walking around with compact FF and my 35 2.8 ZA for sure and would. Same with a 20 1.8 or Voightlander 35 SE or my Voigtlander 50 2.0 APO. Even a Loxia 85 is a good choice for a more compact body.

Like to see a built in flash like the a6500 but I do not need IBIS if they can keep it close the size of the a6500 and would love to have one in my bag.

Sigma (not a fan) has a tiny FF body I think there is a niche for something like this. It does not have to cost under a $1,000 like the rumor say in fact I would rather pay $1,500 and get a better sensor and AF and more capability. After all I am using some pro lenses with it and can mount every GM lens I have to it when I want so do not scrimp on IQ.

The only reason for me to think about an APS-C camera is for size at this point, reach used to be a benefit but not anymore with the a7rIV.

Sony and 3rd party lens mfg. could come out with some tiny but good lenses like Fuji X lenses that would give us a good alternative for a small rig.

These tiny lenses could work on Sony's APS-C cameras also and help fill the void there too.

possible new FF body in compact size

-- hide signature --

-Terry
https://you pic.com/photographer/TerryRStahly/?mode=best
https://500px.com/trstahly

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony a7R IV Sony a1 +16 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow