Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM Lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike - Senior Member • Posts: 1,043
Re: Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM Lens

Scot -

To partially answer your question about the stabilization, depends on the camera.

If your camera has internal stabilization, turn the lens off. If your camera does not have internal stabilization, then, turn it on.

If you are still unsure, give both methods a try. I think you sorta say that you have done this ? Just blow up the pictures on your computer screen and do some..."pixel peeping". One thing that I find that gives some reasonable information is a bolt/fastener. Go buy a 3/8" fine thread bolt, about 2" long. Stand it on its head with a slightly darker, solid background and take some shots. Vary the different things in your camera. Look at the shots (blow them up to 100%) on your computer screen. The way that the camera see's the threads, will provide good information on what adjustments work, and ones that don't.

Has worked well for me.

Mike

P.s. - I have the 50-500 on my Sony a99 II.  I'm ok with it.  Several reasons, just ok.  I've found that my old Canon 35-350L lens adapted to my a7R III gets out as far as I need in most cases, and my 50-500 sits a bit more than I'd like...but...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow