A9 with Tamron 70-180

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Joe Tam Senior Member • Posts: 1,291
Re: 70-180

Thanks for suggestion.  I have not.  I do have Blackrapid dual harness that I have not used for years and might go back to it as the straps are bigger but also it relieves the wasted energy I use to make sure the cameras are properly on my shoulders plus the bodily friction of having to twist your arm to grab the camera to shoot.  With Blackrapid it is a seamless move and you can almost just let the camera drop back into side position without effort.  I really like that about BR but it had some major issues like the hook snapping off or coming loose, or not being able to sit down easily or get into car with them on.  Damn thing camera loose and the camera tumbled onto grass.  I also heard the new dual straps are not secured on your back and can come off causing your cameras to tumble to the ground.

AZheaven wrote:

Have you looked into a Cotton Carrier setup for hiking? I have a 3rd party option from Opteka which helps a lot when hiking or walking long distances.

https://www.cottoncarrier.com/pages/camera-harness

Joe Tam's gear list:Joe Tam's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow