Af mode of choice when shooting moving people?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,852
Af mode of choice when shooting moving people?

So was just thinking about this today when i watched a wedding shooter that shot walking couples. I have shot a few weddings and shoot portraiture a lot, and sometimes of course people moving. But i never really figured out what worked best or found a preferred method to use as a goto, but just use AF on 3D follow on my D4 and ai for the face then use back button focus and let that work naturally. Sometimes its great, but i sometimes feel there might be something more accurate in the settings perhaps that i might be missing out on that someone being a master of that could give some great hints about how to use better.

So what would be the best settings on  a Nikon to use, how many af points, what af-mode etc to nail focus when someone is moving towards you or a similar situation to get good results as many times as possible?

/Cheers, Martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow