A kit zoom len name "love"

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KoolKool Forum Member • Posts: 91
A kit zoom len name "love"

another personal review of 18-135? yes, but i really don't want hold my words too much on this wonderful kit zoom len, i have to...spit out, if you not mind!

So after good experience with pancake 20mm,i bought 18-135 last month and have been using it for dozen days, but the impression is totally clear to me now....

Pro:

- Solid plastic construction, lightweight

- Quite fast focus speed without focus breathing

- Impressive sharpness for a jack-all-trade kit zoom (but it's actually much sharper than 20mm pancake i'm using!)

- Good color, contrast rendition

- 7x fun zoom, from wide to decent tele!

Cons:

- No weather resistance  (oh damn, sony, why?)

- Slow aperture (not big deal, since it's an acceptable compromise)

- Low light focus is ...slow (but still nail the focus if you use a6xxx or higher bodies)

- Quite weak flare resistance (against strong light source, i can see amount of ghosting and purple blobs)

Overall, i really love this len, as my easy-going nature and my soft spot this kind of kit zoom len, so the only real cons let me off is the lack of weather resistance cause i don't want the len sucks too much dust inside over time, shine flashlight on the front element and its hurt! (as former pentax and olympus user, i still remember the happy old worry-free time, you know)

And why i didn't choose 18-105 instead, a 7 years old G len just aged like fine wine to everybody now? well, it's personal, i dislike power zoom and the len size, weight.

Here is some photos with my new beloved len! (btw, i'm raw shooter and i love colorful processing)

Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Telephoto zoom lens • Sony E • SEL18135
Announced: Jan 5, 2018
KoolKool's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow