Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bernard Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: downmaket force Model Merger, Re-Think lineup

007peter wrote:

Bernard wrote: Strange: The numbering doesn't make sense. The G95 is just over a year old, so that would be an astonishingly quick turnover. If they designate a "new" GH line or G9 successor, then it would appear like a downgrade, directly interfering with the G95 line. I don't get it really.

Agree that G100 numbering don't make sense from Existing lineup. Panasonic hasn't been selling well aside for the poplar G9. The entire lineup is overused for an overhaul.

Gh5/6/S will stay

G9 is a best seller for Panasonic will stay

everything else I think is subject to consolidation or out right elimination. G95, while new, compare poorly against Sony A6400, Fuji XT, Canon M6ii, so I can't rule out it might get the AX

I also think there is too many models. Sony APS-C has just 3: Top A6600, Middle A6400, A6100 for the low~end. Canon eos~m consolidated to just 3 as well: M6ii Top, M50 Middle, and M200 @the bottom.

I suspect G100 = New Direction for Panasonic replacing 1 or 2 combined models.

I came to a similar conclusion as you did above.  I think that it will be a new camera.  Most likely a simpler, camera focused on Vloggers.  This is because of the triple-digit designation used for their entry-level cameras.

If it turns out not to be a brand-new camera, but a modified existing camera, it certainly is very unlikely to be a modified G90/G95.  Here in the US they have not made much of an attempt to sell this camera.  Along with the still mandatory lens, it sell for $1,000.  There is no way they will make this quickly two varied G95 cameras, especially if the first one is not a success at this point- and a GX10 has already been long rumored.  Frankly I believe that the G90/G95 is a very compelling camera, and I may get one this coming Black Friday (if I can get over my aversion for FAS).  Ergonomics, handling, size, and abilities, are fantastic- especially for straight general photographers.

Regards,

Bernard

Bernard's gear list:Bernard's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow