Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
WhiteBeard
WhiteBeard Senior Member • Posts: 2,840
Re: Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

C Sean wrote:

I’m not the vlogging type but I would be extremely disappointed if the camera just came with the 12-32mm because Panasonic didn’t have the resources to design a new lens.

Let look at the other lenses.

• 12mm 1.4 - Too expensive to be bundled. 

And too specialized...

• 12-35mm 2.8 - Too expensive
  • 8-18mm - Too expensive

Too specialized as well...

• 7-14mm - can it do video or does it need an update?

Yes, obviously it can do video, why the hell not? It's also too specialized and too old to be bundled with a new camera.

So my conclusion is either the vlogging bundle is going to be expensive, it will have the 12-32 instead or could see a slower wide prime like 10mm or 12mm 1.7 or slower coming out.

Hogwash! Obviously none of these lenses are the "bundle type" ! You are obviously - or purposely - forgetting true "bundle-type" lenses. For example:

• 14-42 Mk II
  • 12-60 F3.5-5.6
  • 14-140 F3.5-5.6 Mk II - not really a vlogging lens but who says it has to be?

And depending on what exactly the G100 is supposed to be, perhaps PL 12-60 F2..8-4 could also be offered.

Also, nothing as yet seems to indicate this to be a vlogigng camera in the first place.

WhiteBeard's gear list:WhiteBeard's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow