ETTL NOT WORKING WITH GODOX X PRO

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,569
Re: ETTL NOT WORKING WITH GODOX X PRO

Indigo photography wrote:

Hi , I bought few days ago a Godox xpro transmiter ( for my sony a73 camera )and a godox x1 receiver ( for canon ) in order to control my yongnuo speedlight ( canon version). The combination works fine on manual mode but doesn't work on TTL. Does anyone had the same issue, if yes what could be the problem ?

Thanks

The Godox X1R receivers do not do cross-brand TTL. Only the built-in transceivers in the full-sized Godox TTL-capable speedlights (TT685, V860II, V1) can do this [and only if there's a specific firmware update for the combination being used].

If you need cross-brand TTL support for legacy speedlights, the only system I know of that can do this is the Cactus X-TTL system with the V6 ii transceivers. But you won't have access to any larger-than-speedlight or on-camera TTL Cactus speedlights in the system.

This is why most people will ditch their legacy gear when moving to Godox and just get TT685 or V860II speedlights instead.

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow