Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 2,560
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Harold66 wrote:

C Sean wrote:

I’m not the vlogging type but I would be extremely disappointed if the camera just came with the 12-32mm because Panasonic didn’t have the resources to design a new lens.

Let look at the other lenses.

• 12mm 1.4 - Too expensive to be bundled.
  • 12-35mm 2.8 - Too expensive
  • 8-18mm - Too expensive
  • 7-14mm - can it do video or does it need an update?

So my conclusion is either the vlogging bundle is going to be expensive, it will have the 12-32 instead or could see a slower wide prime like 10mm or 12mm 1.7 or slower coming out.

This post is interesting in the sense that it really shows how many people have completely unrealistic expectations

the two zooms that the OP called too expensive go for about 800 to 900€/$ new

Normally the 12-35mm 2.8 and the 12-60mm 2.8-4 (G9) are bundled with the Gh5 and add additional 500 to the bundle but if you buy the Gh5 without a lens you will get it for around 500 cheaper.

So if you pair either the 12mm 1.4, 8-18 or the 12-35 with the G100 we could be looking at a bundle that cost over a grand.

And yet the OP thinks that if Panasonic was going to market a 1.7/10mm it would be significantly cheaper :-O. this is so silly it is hilarious in a way

Actually I wrote 12mm 1.7 because Panasonic tend to do faster 1.2/1.4 primes and a cheaper alternatives 1.7. That said Olympus 12mm 2.0 cost around 600 so I can’t see a 12mm 1.7.

Regarding the 10mm, yes Sony and Nikon recently released their 20mm 1.8 for around a grand. The slower Fuji version cost over 500. The reason why I didn’t state the F stop because I knew a 10mm 1.7 would be wonderful as well as expensive.

Such a lens would be way more likely to be north of 1,000€/$

Agreed and preferred a smaller lens so it could balance better on the Gx85 and the future GX10.

there is NO denying that a 10mm is a big omission in the m4/3 catalogs / all of the big three have a 10mm

Now in order to be weather and dust sealed , with a filter thread a 2.5 or 2.8mm would be more reasonable IMO

Agreed.

H

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow