Viltrox 23mm 1.4 - About optical limits review (not just reading the final rating)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
unhappymeal Contributing Member • Posts: 687
Re: Viltrox 23mm 1.4 - About optical limits review (not just reading the final rating)

Cagey75 wrote:

I stopped reading their all-over-the-place 'reviews' long ago, I've seen them give some excellent lenses [in mine and many other's experience] 2.5 - 3 stars and some really so-so lenses 3.5+ Consistency is certainly not their strong point.

The only reason I wouldn't buy the Viltrox pair 23/33 is because the close focus capabilities are poor. Otherwise, other reviewers have shown that for example the 33mm 1.4 is sharper at ever aperture up to 5.6 than the Fuji 35 1.4, it is also silent and much quicker to focus. It's got everything [bar WR, which is insignificant to me tbh] else covered inc a very attractive price.

It doesn't have everything: correction profiles are only available in Lightroom/Photoshop :). That would drive me crazy as I use CaptureOne.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow