Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,900
Re: Unrealistic expectations

C Sean wrote:

I’m not the vlogging type but I would be extremely disappointed if the camera just came with the 12-32mm because Panasonic didn’t have the resources to design a new lens.

Let look at the other lenses.

• 12mm 1.4 - Too expensive to be bundled.
  • 12-35mm 2.8 - Too expensive
  • 8-18mm - Too expensive
  • 7-14mm - can it do video or does it need an update?

So my conclusion is either the vlogging bundle is going to be expensive, it will have the 12-32 instead or could see a slower wide prime like 10mm or 12mm 1.7 or slower coming out.

This post is interesting in the sense that it really shows how many people have completely unrealistic expectations

the two zooms that the OP called too expensive go for about 800 to 900€/$ new

And yet the OP thinks that if  Panasonic was going to market  a 1.7/10mm it would be significantly cheaper :-O. this is so silly it is hilarious in a way 

Such a lens would be way more likely to be north of 1,000€/$

there is NO denying that a 10mm is a big omission in the m4/3 catalogs / all of the big three have a 10mm

Now in order to be weather and dust sealed , with a filter thread a 2.5 or 2.8mm would be more reasonable IMO

H

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow