Pentax DA Primes?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
zakaria
zakaria Veteran Member • Posts: 5,121
Re: Pentax DA Primes?

jf_tea wrote:

Richard B. wrote:

The DA Ltd primes are 15mm f4, 21mm f3.2, 35mm f2.8 macro, 40mm f2.8 and 70mm f2.4. They are best for their small size, beautiful all metal construction and outstanding image quality. They have formed the core of my shooting set up for the last years. I have no plans to change that.

My set of Pentax DA Limited is smaller: 15, 40, 70.

I like them for their compactness, simplicity and IQ.

My most used DA Mtd is the DA70.

It will copy it as they copied the pentax philosophy of da Ltd line and k3 " XH1 "

The DA 15 I use much less but I keep it as it is outstanding for it's wider angle of view and its resitance to flare.

I like the hood of the DA40 so much that I bought a spare one to put on the DA70. It makes the DA70 even smaller

Since I don't take pictures of sports or running kids, the screw drive AF of the Limited is Ok for my uses. Its mechanical simplicity is much much better than the unreliability of some in lens AF motors (aka the SDM of older DA* lenses).

As for comparing with Fuji primes, the Fuji line up is nice (well planned and "classic"), but, it does not match with my focal length preferences. Fuji does not have a 70mm.

And, Fuji does not have a camera body like the K5ii/K3.

-- hide signature --

-JF

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria's gear list:zakaria's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-H1 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited HD Pentax DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow