Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dostoy Regular Member • Posts: 491
My guess: G95 body with better internals + video

While it's possible that this is a completely new addition to the Panasonic range, I'm guessing that instead it will be an improved G95, with minimal crop in video, and a more powerful processor, to allow for more of the features that the G9 is capable of, such as the "6K Photo" function.

There was quite a backlash against the severe video crop on the G95, which most likely surprised Panasonic, who had even added a 3.5mm headphone jack to the G95 to increase its video appeal.

Whether or not the USB port will be upgraded to USB-C, I'm not sure. Apart from the micro-USB port, the G95 body is very well designed, and doesn't really need improving. (It seems to me that with the G95, Panasonic took care of nearly all the shortcomings on the G85 body, such as the buttons on the rear D-pad being too flush with the body.)

Olympus has paved the way for "internal only" upgrades with the EM-10 III and the EM-1 III, which are almost identical externally to their preceding II models.

While Panasonic's G9 body is very capable, there's plenty of photographers on this forum who have tried it and concluded: "Too big for my grip" or "Too big for M43". But if a similar level of features were to be offered in a G95 body... well, I think there'd more than a few takers!

-- hide signature --

Dostoy, from Oz
(Oz = Australia)

Dostoy's gear list:Dostoy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow