Would you buy an A7R*** in view of Lensrentals' findings?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Re: Would you buy an A7R*** in view of Lensrentals' findings?

Zephir 750 wrote:

Jestertheclown wrote:

After many, many months of waiting, I'm finally in a position to buy myself a new camera.

However . . . !

I had decided months ago, that I was going to get an A7RIII and some gear to go with it; quite an expensive purchase, in fact.

So you can imagine how I felt when I read about this IBIS business.

I'm now not quite so sure.

Opinions please?

"It's good to be . . . . . . . . . Me!"

I kind of am on the same boat.

I was just about to take the plunge on a brand new Sony A7RIII plus FE 24mm f.1,4 GM when I happened to read Dpreview's news on Lensrentals' discovery (i.e cracked sensor mount due to IBIS in A7 series) and that sort of put me off. Thus, I have decided I'll now wait and see if I hear/read reassurances, possibly also from Sony, about it or else I'll make a different choice.

I admit I found the Lensrentals report a little disturbing, I bought a Sony A7R4 last October and had an A7Riii previously and an RII initially. I got a Sony 3 year extended warranty with the 4 so am relaxed about the situation. If I was buying now I'd make sure I got an extended warranty too. If I were buying any make of camera body or lens used I would only buy from a dealer I knew and respected and with a warranty, but that appies to any 'expensive' equpment with moving parts I buy used, not just photographic.

Touch wood none of my Sony cameras have been back for service (yet). My previous Nikon D810 had a recall, it wasn't a big deal.

Personally, life's a bit too short to sit on the fence and perfection never happens anyway!

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
lft
lft
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow