Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 41,279
Re: Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

FunGuy66 wrote:

C Sean wrote:

I’m surprise this wasn’t reported sooner since I just came back from work.

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panasonic-will-soon-announce-the-new-g100/

No news if this is the successor to the G9 or the G90. However, I place my bet it will be the later and we will see the Gh6 series announcement later this year?

Plausible based on the name, but a G90/95 successor after less than a year and a half sounds very unusual. The G95 is still near launch price in some markets!

My money is on more loopy naming from Panasonic, and a camera that replaces the G9 and/or GH5.

Or, based on the number of digits, a barebones model that sits below the G95 in the lineup. Which would imply some consistency and logic in naming, so never mind.

And whatever happened to the GX10? A delay in both announcement and shipping doesn't surprise me in the circumstances but the complete silence (both official and rumour mill) does.

I suggest that the world camera industry is being tested at the moment with quite a lot of unsold stock. It might be wise to hold back new releases of premium priced models and maybe release a made-under model where stocks of its predecessor are not that high.

Only speculating ....

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow