Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
WhiteBeard
WhiteBeard Senior Member • Posts: 2,867
Re: Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

FunGuy66 wrote:

C Sean wrote:

I’m surprise this wasn’t reported sooner since I just came back from work.

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panasonic-will-soon-announce-the-new-g100/

No news if this is the successor to the G9 or the G90. However, I place my bet it will be the later and we will see the Gh6 series announcement later this year?

Plausible based on the name, but a G90/95 successor after less than a year and a half sounds very unusual. The G95 is still near launch price in some markets!

My money is on more loopy naming from Panasonic, and a camera that replaces the G9 and/or GH5.

"Loopy naming"; I like this! Still, G100 to succeed to either G9 or GH5 would be even loopier than usual...

Or, based on the number of digits, a barebones model that sits below the G95 in the lineup. Which would imply some consistency and logic in naming, so never mind.

And whatever happened to the GX10? A delay in both announcement and shipping doesn't surprise me in the circumstances but the complete silence (both official and rumour mill) does.

Maybe Panny was inspired by Oly's treatment of their - deep breath - M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC 1.25x IS PRO  announced nearly 1½ years ago and still nowhere to be seen...

WhiteBeard's gear list:WhiteBeard's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow