Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
cameralight Regular Member • Posts: 223
Re: Panasonic will announce the G100 soon.

Bernard wrote:

C Sean wrote:

I’m surprise this wasn’t reported sooner since I just came back from work.

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panasonic-will-soon-announce-the-new-g100/

No news if this is the successor to the G9 or the G90. However, I place my bet it will be the later and we will see the Gh6 series announcement later this year?

Strange: The numbering doesn't make sense. The G95 is just over a year old, so that would be an astonishingly quick turnover. If they designate a "new" GH line or G9 successor, then it would appear like a downgrade, directly interfering with the G95 line. I don't get it really.

Regards,

Bernard

I would imagine it's a replacement for the G9 (which came out back in 2017), rather than a replacement for the G90/G95. Though given the current market situation, maybe it indicates the merging of the G90/G95 and G9 lines - which would make a lot of sense.

So why not call it the G10? Firstly, there's already been a G10, and secondly, if it is indeed a merger of the G90/G95 and G9, Panasonic won't want to repeat the marketing disaster that was the naming of the GX9 (merging the GX80/GX85 and GX8 lines, and naming it after the more expensive line). Calling the new camera the G100 would, in a sense, be going the other way, as well as avoiding confusion from re-using a previous name.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow