Micro Nikkor 55 mm suitable for landscape?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jebo1 Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: Micro Nikkor 55 mm suitable for landscape?

Thank you for your replies. I using only manual lenses at the moment.  I like shooting without the red dots and half-pressing the shutter and they remind me of the old days.  50 mm is my favorite focal length. I am only a simple photographer and try to keep things light. I had a Nikon 50mm 1.8d made in China but when I read that you can still use old manual lenses on the D700, I started using my father's 50 mm e series. The pictures from this old and humble lense appear more natural and perhaps even more detailed. So that made me wonder if I could improve on the e series and the following options appeared:

1. 50 mm 1.8 AIS not the pancake, should be better than the 1.4

2. 55mm 2.8 or 3.5 micro. The sticky aperture blades somewhat scare me of.

These are all metal lenses and might improve the image quality. But maybe the differences are that small that variation in copies could lead to the fact that my old 1.8 50 mm e series is just or even better?

There is also talk about the Carl Zeiss or Voigtlander lens. These are however far more expensive and produced by Cosina.

From what I have heard the micro nikkor seems to be worth a try!

Thanks,

Jon

jebo1's gear list:jebo1's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D700 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow