Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Senior Member • Posts: 6,288
Re: When 3000mm isn't quite enough :)

André BARELIER wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

André BARELIER wrote:

Impressive.

With the new software tools we have now, we can go even further.

I played with one of your images below. Hope you don't mind.

I re visited this image, as when I responded i was looking at my cellphone, but now on 4K monitor.

Excellent job of bringing out the details, Andre!

May i ask what you used (software) ?

Thanks

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Ah, yes, you couldn't see the details on your phone.

I used Topaz AI Clear, which is part of Topaz Studio. It's an impressive piece of software. It is able to remove noise while recreating details which were lost in the original image due to lens softness, or noise. This is made possible thanks to AI which, IMO, is a revolution in image processing.

Topaz studio can be used as a Photoshop plugin, or as a standalone program. It works fine on jpegs.

AI sounds like a great way to increase the apparent resolution without increasing noise or sharpening artifacts, sort of the way Dynamic Fine Zoom works!

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow