Help me choose a lens for baby photos?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug MacMillan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,196
Re: Congrats Granddad!

TrophyJem wrote:

She will be about 2 & 1/2 hours drive so not too bad but not close enough to nip in.

That's close enough, closer than any of ours.  We ended up with six from two sons.

Still a good excuse for a new lens!!

Anything is a good excuse for a new lens!

Must be great having someone to teach photography to, or maybe he's teaching you now??

Lol.  I have a B.F.A. in photography and earned money (including as a full time professional) for 20 years, starting when I was 17 and working at a TV station.

I love going out and shooting with Will and I'm jealous of his "eye" and natural abilities. He sees things that I don't.  He's an instinctive photographer. We're working on technique.  Anybody can learn to set the right shutter speed/aperture, but not everyone can see. I want him to know enough technique to be able to fully realize his vision.

I'm also jealous that he got to spend two years in university in France - one year in Paris and another in Tours.  That's where his love of photography blossomed and he got to do some wonderful street photography.  BTW, his tuition was 280 Euro a semester.  He couldn't have lived and gone to a junior college for less than he paid there. In addition to photography, he is extremely fluent in French.

Doug MacMillan's gear list:Doug MacMillan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow