they say that Sony Alpha owners are the most loyal of all ..... Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
TRIODEROB
OP TRIODEROB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,543
Re: they say that Sony Alpha owners are the most loyal of all .....

DenImage wrote:

Lol,

I thought it was a fair question, that's why I posted a response.

Fanyboyism is not exclusive to just Sony users, it's everywhere.

Personally, if another manufacturer produces a camera solution that can output substantially better image quality than my Sony gear, then I'd have no hesitation changing to that camera solution.

So far, it hasn't happened, and I don't see it happening in the near future. However, I am impressed with the current range of Canon RF glass (not too impressed with their prices), and Canon are on the cusp of something big with their R5 and R6 cameras. But they are making a mistake focussing on 8k video, I don't believe there's a demand for 8k, nor do I think there will be in the future. I think people will skip 8k altogether, and wait for the next generation or two of TV's and monitors. I believe a lot of people struggle to tell the difference between 1080P and 4K at standard viewing distances, nevermind 8K. And nearly all broadcasters usually broadcast upscaled HD anyway, so there's minimal gain for the investment to 8k.

We'll have to see if Canon's new cameras produce significantly better image quality than Sony's current models, and what Sony have had hidden in their pipeline in preparation. Hang on to your hats folks, it's gonna be an interesting few months ahead of us 😉

Den

SQL guy thinks I am a troll

but unlike him I actually do photography

here is an example for your reference of that RF glass you are talking about

here is the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

its a sweet piece O glass ..... its a honeydew

"  are you kidding ?   ........   the devolution is legendary "

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow