Olympus 40-150 + 1.4 G9 ...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,810
Olympus 40-150 + 1.4 G9 ...

started new thread

The 1.4 arrived today, lovely small profile and I love the little case with the attached clip for clipping on your belt etc.

Can`t do much at the moment because it has gotten a bit stormy but shot various around my garden. Well to be honest in general if I hadn`t known the 1.4 was on with the lens I don`t think I would have noticed any difference, IBIS works a treat and it`s surprising that little bit of extra reach does make a difference. Because of the small size you don`t even know it`s in place. I did a couple of comparison shots and adjusted the focal lengths to fill the frame with the same subject and apart from a bit of DOF difference you would be hard pressed to tell the with or without shot. It reminds me of my FF Canon days with my 70-200 +1.4 and I could never tell when I had used the 1.4 without checking with the exit

So thanks to the guys that contributed on the earlier thread and for those that said the IQ is very good with the 1.4 I thank you.

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +17 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow