June 2020 Part 2 — This Month Through Your Adapted Lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Travis Butler
Travis Butler Senior Member • Posts: 1,355
Old Downtowns

I've had a fascination for old downtown buildings for a while now... especially ones that look like they could have come out of the 50s or 60s. And when there's a chance to try out a new Nikkor 28/2 AI?

E-M1, Nikkor 28/2

Case in point - I'm a sucker for this kind of old neon sign, and I like the old-fashioned GE sign as well. I wish there had been an angle were I could get the power lines out of the frame, though.

Nikkor 28/2

Oodles of contrast and color, reasonable detail on the hydrant, good foreground/background separation. I kinda wanted the hydrant to fill a little more of the frame, but I didn't want to half-crop either the far flower tub or the cars at the top edge.

Like the way the cloud stands out from the background, and the bold clarity of the water tower; I do wish I'd shifted to put them closer together, or at least get more of the cloud at left into the frame.

Nikkor 105/2.5

Another old-style building with an old-style sign I liked.

-- hide signature --

Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_prof67/ Warning: Heavy Learning in progress.

Travis Butler's gear list:Travis Butler's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Pentax Q Pentax K-50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow