This thread is locked.
third son
third son Senior Member • Posts: 2,716
Re: "Nobody cares about your Photography" & The Photographers Eye

HatWearingFool wrote:

Alex Burgess wrote:

Take a quick view of the video by Ted Forbes:

https://youtu.be/L4pE-pdhnJw

Most of the latest Fujifilm camera's are more than most users here will *need* and certainly wayyyyy more than many here can actually exploit with thier current skillsets.

"But that Fuji Lens is sooooo sharp!"

Take a look at the book "The Photographers Eye" and see some of the masters grainy and "not-so-sharp" photos. These were chosen by the gatekeeper of MOMA's photography (John Szarkowski) and memorialized in his book. Also, many hung in the MOMA in NYC.

Most lament that the don't live in a large, metro area- hence, nothing noteworthy to shoot.

Bull.

A movie poster... a woman in a car... a street sign... hands clasped- Lange, Evans, Weston all took mundane, everyday objects and they become art. Exceptional art.

For what little it’s worth I wanted to say I appreciated this post. I gave up trying to discuss photography on this board a long time ago, but it’s nice to see others do so once in a while.

Who knows maybe you’ll move the needle a smidge. For years people who mentioned film in the open forum got shouted down, and told how this is a place that is only for discussing digital camera, but now all of a sudden there is a whole forum devoted to it.

And before someone mentions it I’m aware there are currently forums where you can post photos of specific subjects and be told how well you met objective technical rules.

I agree with you. I have  posted my last image on this site today. Adieu.

third son's gear list:third son's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow