In doubt: Switch from Fuji X-T30 to MFT?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MMBrombe New Member • Posts: 1
In doubt: Switch from Fuji X-T30 to MFT?

Greetings, first post on dpReview so please be gentle

I currently have a Fuji X-T30 with some wonderful primes (18 f2, 23 f2, 35f1.4) plus a few other lenses (zooms and manual macro).  Really love the system, pictures are great, but recently I have started enjoying using longer zooms for some nature shots - birds and the like.

That's when cost and weight factor heavily (pun intended) in which path to take.  I see some "reasonably" priced MFT long zooms that are small and light, very attractive for walking around.

I'm not a pixel peeper and a few years back was having loads of fun with a GX85 and a used Olympus 75-300mm, so that should provide some idea as to my level of expectation.  Mostly travel (hopefully soon), portraits, macros and family shots - simple stuff (and no interest in video), and prints are limited to travel books no larger than 11" x 17".

Just wondering if anybody out there has made a similar switch and if there were any regrets.  Thing is, I really do like the Fuji system and have been pretty happy with its performance and output (and to be honest I do worry about the reduced subject/background separation for things like portraits in mft).

Thank you for any advice!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TRP
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow